englisch schreiben

Wo treten Probleme auf, wo klemmt's, wie kann man die Seite verbessern, was gefällt euch?
Antworten
torpedo
String Spanner

englisch schreiben

Beitrag von torpedo »

Hello,

I found this german forum about strings not long ago and have enjoyed reading the posts and want to participate with questions/reviews about locations and swimwear but I have minimal german skills (very very minimal) and use google translate to read the forum.

Is it possible (or banned) to write in English, or can I use google translate to german and then post? (This will cause grammatical errors).

---------

Hallo,

Ich habe dieses deutsche Forum über Saiten vor nicht allzu langer Zeit gefunden und habe es genossen, die Beiträge zu lesen und möchte mich mit Fragen/Bewertungen zu Locations und Badebekleidung beteiligen, aber ich habe minimale Deutschkenntnisse (sehr, sehr minimal) und benutze Google Übersetzer, um das Forum zu lesen.

Ist es möglich (oder verboten), auf Englisch zu schreiben, oder kann ich Google Translate ins Deutsche verwenden und dann posten? (Dies führt zu Grammatikfehlern).
AdagioForStrings
G-String Träger

Re: englisch schreiben

Beitrag von AdagioForStrings »

Instead of using Google translator, the best way could be using deepl. In my opinion it is more readable in both directions.
When I have to write longer messages in English or even for work, it has the best results.
Maybe you give it a try and write something about your experience and use the tool - therefor we can give you a feedback ☺️
Nomadd
String Fanatiker

Beitrag von Nomadd »

Maybe Administration / Moderation might create a new sub-forum for English-Speakers? :?:
emjay
String Fanatiker

Beitrag von emjay »

Nomadd, the problem would still be that other participants would be required to answer in English. So it could as well be included in the regular German sections.

torpedo, feel free to write in English or use DeepL as suggested by AdagioForStrings. It is far better than Google.
torpedo
String Spanner

Beitrag von torpedo »

thanks for the replies and yes i'll use DeepL for translations and post in german. i was considering 'dual posting' in both english/german but because this is a german forum and i haven't seen english text anywhere i'll just pretend to be a german speaker. it would also take up more space than necessary with the post in two languages and same information.

i have seen german boards that strictly forbid writing in english so i figured i'd ask the question.

i don't really see the point to having a sub-forum as most of the knowledge is in german topics and posts so it would just split the discussion unnecessarily. i can just right click and translate each page to english (as i have been doing).
Antworten